Creating a YouTube video is a great way to increase brand and/or product exposure. YouTube videos have the ability to reach an international audience of both new and existing customers thus increasing the overall customer base and increasing business sales. YouTube is also much less expensive than advertising on Facebook or Instagram. Second, only to Google, YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. Important to note, Google owns YouTube. Over 30% of all online activity is spent watching videos and 75% of users will visit a business’s website after viewing a video. In addition, over one billion hours of video are watched each day on YouTube and 64% are more likely to purchase a product from an eCommerce site after watching a video. Aside from being an entertaining and educational platform for many users, YouTube is a powerful marketing resource.
Start the process: YouTube provides endless opportunities for businesses to promote their brands and products. It is no longer effective to focus all your efforts on Search Engine Optimization. There are hundreds of ways to utilize YouTube, allowing you to monetize your efforts. Follow these steps to create a successful marketing strategy.
- Begin by creating a YouTube channel. It’s as simple as using your Google account.
- Do your research. Before you begin to design and create your video, you must identify, know, and understand the business’s target audience. Also, understand and identify your direct and indirect competitors.
- Investigate the YouTube ranking algorithm. Use the keywords that will most effectively attract and motivate the user to take action.
- Upload to the YouTube channel you created and create a schedule for publishing and uploading the new videos. Be sure to include all relevant business information on your channel to make it easier for the user to find your business.
- Promote the channel and videos; often this involves creating multiple social media accounts.
- Find your influencer. Influencers will have a large following and will be able to successfully motivate a user to make a purchase.
- Track your progress. YouTube analytics will help with this process.
Many successful companies will use influencers as a low-cost way to advertise their product or brand on YouTube. On average, a company will make $6.50 in revenue for every dollar spent on an influencer. Influencer advertising is the fastest-growing online marketing strategy. Unboxing videos have become increasingly popular. Quirky Crate provides the influencer with free products and pays the influencer. Not only is the influencer making money, but the business is able to cash in because of a far less expensive advertising strategy.
YouTube Marketing Tools and Resources: There are several marketing tools available to help with the design of your YouTube channel. These tools can assist with gaining subscribers and the number of views your channel gets.
- Canva– comes equipped with a drag and drop editor as well as, a variety of free templates to use.
- Keyword Tool– is based on helping with creative titles, descriptions, and keywords.
- BuzzSumo– assists with finding influencers as well as creating quality content.
- TubeBuddy– helps with identifying keywords and provides free and paid templates. As well as, comment filters.
Key Strategies: There are specific strategies to follow for new brands or struggling brands. Creating a viral video is a great way to increase exposure and traffic. Keep these four tips in mind as you are creating your video. Keep it simple, don’t create a busy video that is difficult to follow or leaves the user wondering what the product was. Be unique, think about what you can do that other businesses are not doing. Publish timely videos, create a schedule so the user knows when to expect new content, analyze the results, and make adjustments. Build and engage the target market by creating content specifically for your users and adhering to a consistent theme. Also, it is important to know that the optimal length for a successful YouTube video is just under three minutes. Rand Fishkin, CEO of Moz posts a Whiteboard every Friday about a topic of interest for his audience.
Did you know?:
- 91.9% of users aged 16-64 have reported watching some type of video content every week.
- One-third of all YouTube users will watch at least one video tutorial per week.
- YouTube advertisements have the potential to reach 2.56 billion users, which is 51% of the total internet users.
- Males between the ages of 25-43 are YouTube’s biggest audience.
- Overall, India is YouTube’s largest advertising audience.
- YouTube’s global revenues were $28 billion in 2021, which is a 46% increase from the previous year.
- 81% of Americans use YouTube for entertainment, education, and tutorials.
- YouTube statistics show that the average user spends 23.7 hours per month on the platform.
- 80% of parents report that their children, under the age of 11, are permitted to watch YouTube on a regular basis.
“Stop thinking of ‘Video Marketing’ as this separate entity that is optional for your business. Video is an effective form of communication that needs to be integrated into each and every aspect of your existing marketing efforts.”
In summary, you are missing an incredible opportunity if you avoid using YouTube to drive your business sale up. Creating and properly utilizing a YouTube video channel your business has the potential to reach an international market with less expense than most other social media sites. Selecting the most effective keywords, creating engaging content, and being consistent will increase the number of hits on your channel and your sales will skyrocket. YouTube videos should be a top priority for your digital marketing strategy. Creating a YouTube channel is now a necessity for any effective marketing campaign. Find your influencer and take advantage of the tips, tools, and resources that are available.